Monday, October 17, 2011

Platform

The wind's picked up and the sky's gone black
While the strangers, they're still staring.
The train doors stayed closed and tightly chained
While I remained alone, still waiting.

I bought a ticket and it remains in hand
But it's an anchor, not a buoy
It pulls me down while keeping me still
And I get left behind like a childhood toy

But worse than that, it was conscious decision
Of the conductor to leave me be
He saw me on the platform, ready to go
But he said he was settin' me free

I asked myself why I couldn't be
The author of that decision
A voice piped up and told me clear
That I couldn't commit to such a decision

So I guess on this platform with bag in hand
Is where I'll have to stay
While I grow a spine and wile away the time
Wondering, if I see her, exactly what I'll say

I don't know what to say
I can't find what I want to say
Find your words and tell me
Everything you want me to say.
On this platform is where I'll stay.

No comments: