Sunday, June 11, 2006

My life isn't really that interesting...

It's definitely been a couple weeks since the last posting. I was starting to have a fear that this blog would disappear into the world of the blogger graveyard... you know, those sites that drift off into the oblivion of the worldwide web. Never to be updated again.

I'm actually stealing the idea from some close friends that will likely take credit for it when they leave their next comment. But thanks, J, for helping me get up the gumption to keep on keeping on. It was more of a case that I simply haven't had any time in the past few weeks, but a touch of it was related to laziness and the thought that I didn't have anything interesting to post. Not that I do now, but I figure I'll give it a go.

First off... gotta repeat the joke from the rear cover of "Eats, shoots and leaves".

"A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
'Why?' asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
'I'm a panda,' he says at the door. 'Look it up.'
The waiter turns to the relevent entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.
'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.'
So, punctuation reall does matter, even if it is only occasionally a matter of life and death."

My wife and my mom both thought the joke was lame. I guess it is lame. Still, I love it. It's much more funny for me, the self-professed bookworm who is probably going to go ahead and read the entire book in his spare time (which is simply a highly conversational manual on punctuation and the lack of punctuation in western society). Sounds fun to me! What!? This isn't appealing to everyone?? :)

Hmmm...

Following in the footsteps of L's post from a few days back... things that you may not know about me...
- I'm a sap. A big messy sap.
- I like being a geek. Some people don't see me as a geek... until they spend some time with me.
- I hate to exercise. Being active is fine, but doing exercise for the sake of doing exercise is about as exciting as a kick in the teeth. I may be skinny, but I should probably weigh about 250lbs.
- If I have to do something, I usually like to do it myself. I think this might be because I'm just a bit of a control freak. Or slightly OCD. Not too sure about that one.
- I always think that the Sudan is part of the middle east. I'm not sure why, but I always think of Saudi Arabia and other M.E. countries. Why? Not really sure.
- I love listening to music in other languages. And I don't listen to nearly enough of it.
- I always write off the Lottery as a bunch of hooey... even though I secretly hope I win every time I buy a ticket. I don't buy them often, but I really think that in the back of my mind, providence will shine down and cut me a cheque for, oh, I don't know... a couple million bucks.
- I'm a snob... I think that my values are somehow superior to the values that strangers hold, and that people who drink cheap beer aren't nearly as classy as me. Even though I've been known to down a Pilsner or a Lucky Lager from time to time.

Okay, enough for now... I'll try to get more clever in a couple days. But for now, adios...

- T

4 comments:

Kirk Schmidt said...

As I like to say about the lottery:
A 1 in 14 million chance is infinitely better than a 0 in 14 million...

Dimsumthing said...

Hahaha... so true. Can't win if you don't play!

-T

Leah said...

Love it, Trevor, love it. I knew you were an "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" kind of a guy. Little "secret": I had the book on my wishlist for Christmas 2004, received it, and read it in a week. Geeks unite! I think I'll pull out my old polka-dotted, shoulder-padded, silk shirt and flood pants (sorry, I couldn't resist) and we can be buddies.
ps. How's school?

Kirk Schmidt said...

42

Nothing else needs to be said in terms of Geekdom.