Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sundays that feel like anything but...

It's official... no more time on the prairies for this guy. After what seemed like an extremely fast trip back to the motherland for work (and a good excuse to visit the family), I made a pit-stop in the Okanagan for my student-teacher orientation for the fall, and was back here last night, only to return to the lovely land of work until 4am. Je suis tres fatiguee.

After getting back home after the drive/ferry trip, it seemed like everything had changed. Of course, the place was pretty much exactly as I left it. The ocean was still in it's proper place surrounding the rock, the roads seemed as if they were holding tight to the ground underneath, and the elderly drivers moving at 10km/h below the posted speed limit were still immediately in front of me. Even home was the same (only more clean, since I hadn't been around to make a mess for almost a month). And all I wanted to do last night was to curl up and watch a crappy movie and go to bed, but unfortunately it seems as if I'm the busiest when I want a nap the most. I have to do some school-related stuff today, I work tonight, my cousin from Austria is coming into town tomorrow until Friday, I start classes on Thursday, and then work again next Saturday/Sunday. I think by next week, I might be ready for a vacation. Ironically enough, I thought that's kindof what the last month was supposed to be.

Until another day where I'm a touch more exciting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it home. It was nice to see you for a few hours.

-Kirk

Anonymous said...

hey Mrak. I require your email address. Please send it to me at
kbschmid (at) alumni.uwaterloo.ca

-Kirk