Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Letting go

So often in life, we get caught up trying to control things that are out of our hands. I've been especially guilty of this over the previous few months, and I haven't really had the wisdom to see the difference between what is in my control and what isn't.

The big realization I've come to is that I just have to let go of the things that are out of my hands, and I keep thinking that I should've embraced the words of the "Serenity Prayer" long ago...

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference."

I can only do the best with what I'm given. And so, I let go and find some solace, all the while hoping (and in all reality knowing) that things will work out the way they need to work out.

- T

No comments: