Monday, August 04, 2008

200 posts and all things left coast

I guess it's been a couple of years of self-indulgent story sharing on this little blog o' mine. Some days it feels as though I have endless amounts to share with the world at large, and other days... well... there's a reason why I don't have posts for days on end.

Since I've been out here on the Left Coast for over a month now, I thought I'd list my Top Six things in Victoria that I just love... some involve activities, others are places to eat, and still others are just nice locations/things. Don't get bogged down in the order... there is no particular order. I'll try to add another four soon, but I've gotta run to work soon so I don't have time to make a full Top Ten list. Let me know what you think...

1. Sunday brunch at the Shine Cafe. I haven't been able to fit in a brunch here yet, but believe you me, I will soon. There's a lovely selection of eggs benedict that I tried to work through from top to bottom while I was still living here. I think I made it, but I think I should try again :) Oh, and I love the first picture featured on the "Pictures" page.

2. Fisherman's Wharf. This quaint little float-home community on the outer edge of the inner harbour is a great place to grab a coffee, walk around, get some delicious fish and chips, and even feed Sammy the Harbour Seal. Just lovely and one of my favourite places.

3. The Noodle Box. My favourite take-out place, well, ever. The Spicy Peanut Noodle Box is just simply delicious. I've been a couple of times already.

4. Oay Bay Marina. My aunt and uncle have a boat out here, and although they don't take it out on the water nearly enough, it's still a great place to either hang out, watch the local seals who mooch food off the tourists, or grab a coffee and walk around.

5. Cook Street Village and Moka House coffee shop. Although I've never lived down in this neighbourhood, I've always wanted to. The area allows me to embrace my inner-hippy/yuppie, while enjoying the most delicious of coffees. Again, just lovely. Moka House was pretty much my second home for the first few years I was out here and although it's changed a bit, it's still a place I feel at home.

6. Beacon Hill Park. I've been doing some running down along the water near the park, as it has some of the best views in the city and there are dogs and kite fliers and kite surfers everywhere. The park itself is just lovely... and if you have a family, there's a petting zoo, ducks and ponds, and lots of places to play around. Definitely one of my favourite road-running routes in town.

Off to the coffee-cart I go...

T

1 comment:

Leah said...

lots of good places to "grab a coffee and walk around"!
I've never heard of the Shine Cafe. I'll have to check it out.

Good to see you last night! Hopefully we'll be able to do more than annoy standers-by next time.