Sunday, March 01, 2009

Maybe

Maybe I have it all wrong
But I wish you'd set it right
and tell me how it is.
All I really want to know
is how we can find a way
To make it right again.
I refuse to let the sadness creep in
For more than a minute or two
Because I feel like it wants to stick around
And make itself at home in my misery
And not let me alone.

As I barred the door against the melancholy
Anger crept through the window quiet
At night... through the dark draughts carried
Into me by the winds of doubt and angst and silence.

And by the breaths of your rejection.

You say I've turned bitter and cold
But I've been trying to shut out the chills
Of this darkness, of this winter, of this rage
For days and days and days.

Why can't I just let it all go?
It's getting too heavy to carry this load alone.

No comments: