Friday, March 06, 2009

To the one I love

I guess I was just moved by the sentiment of the music back when you believed this to be a fitting song. We'd spent time apart before, but it felt unavoidable. We were both sorting out our paths in life, even as we walked them together. I guess that's how it feels to you. My main problem is we aren't on the same road together anymore... or, at least if we are, I can't see you through the fog and the darkness. I'm scared about the fact that we're going to have to start over, you and I, because we've been apart for so long. I can't simply come running back to you, like I thought I would when I walked out the door. The deep cuts need to be stitched slowly, but even though it's a long road ahead, I hope to walk it with you.

I indulge in life's mysteries a lot of days. I borrowed a mixed CD froma friend, and after one of the longest weeks of my life this week, I started playing the music on this gift from a friend. Since it wouldn't be right, and it just wouldn't be my life if something so coincidental didn't take place, and it just wouldn't fit if something so intensely personal to you and I didn't came on, that's exactly what happened. You and I both grew in love to this song and with this song. And now it's a song that speaks to me, and I hope that it's you singing the words. K, if you come by here, please listen to the song and to the lyrics, and find yourself in their sentiment. It makes me sad at the same time as making me hopeful. So...

Just press play.

T

No comments: