Saturday, December 05, 2009

Holding on to letting go

I had to let go
Of everything I was holding on to
'Cause it was burning me
Hurting me
Making me scream out in pain
I had to let it go
Because of all it put me through
I guess I reached a point
While I was reaching out to you
Where I knew
That until you were reaching back
Reaching out is the last thing
That I should do

Maybe there's still a glimmer
Just a shot
In the dark
But I don't see you striking the match
Or lighting the candle
I've been looking for
I don't know it you're just too scared
Or if you're angry or if you simply
Can't forgive and reconcile
Everything that's passed
Because I don't know anything
About you these days
These radio-silent days
That you keep
Out of my sight

You used to tell me that you'd want
Another chance one day
And I kept telling you
The chance you have is the one
You don't use

Stop fearing useless fears
And crying unnecessary tears
It's all at the tip of your fingers
It might seem hard
To hit the send button on that message
But it's the only way
You know it's the only way

I keep thinking that if you really wanted
A little more time
With me
Or if you had a bit of hope that maybe
Things could change
Then maybe you'd be the one
To seek me out
You'd step out of
These shade-drawn shadows
And away from the secret company you keep
Just maybe you'd reach out to me
But maybe, just maybe
You worry that when you finally do
You wouldn't find me reaching back
To you

The way you're going now
You'll never know

T

No comments: