Monday, April 19, 2010

The words in my head, as they stream through metaphors like spring waterfalls through canyons

I'm living in a blue world tonight
But it's not because I'm pining away
These unnatural lights buzzing overhead 
Are causing me to go out of my mind
I need a little warmth
A bit of sunshine
Something that will help me feel
That the world is fine, so fine
I'm scratching lines into the plaster
Covering the concrete wall above my headboard
Because I'm counting down all the days
That lie in front of me before I can find
Just another place to lay my head 
And fill my eyes with something
New... always looking for something shiny
And still glistening in all it's cellophane
The excitement lies in that anticipation
And the hope that lives inside
The crinkle of the plastic before it's torn to reveal
The reality of what lives within
Sometimes it's easy to see that what we pursue
Is not what lies inside the shrink-wrap 
But the idea of the shrink-wrap itself
Something untapped
Undiscovered and untainted by everything 
And anything that could spoil the window dressed
Perfection.

T

No comments: