Friday, July 16, 2010

To be

I want to be secret smiles
And longing glances
I want to be intrigue
And question marks
I want to be your curiosity
That may never provide you with any answers
I want to be the topic of raving conversation
And maybe I want to indulge my ego
But not just to make the pain go away
Not anymore

Those injuries have scarred over
And although they'll always remain
They're mere battle wounds from times past
Marks that have strengthened my resolve
To find all the adventure
And mischief
And jaw-dropping experiences
I can handle
In this life that is full of 
Things to come
And things to be

I want to be outrageous 
And get ridiculous
And be just a slight bit shameless
I want to fill a billion eyes
With my happiness
And plant my foot on rocks tiptoeing 
Towards the heavens
I want to have a list 
With bright, red slashes
Through all the things "to do"
And take that same pen
And scribble DONE
In obnoxious block lettering
Across each item

You know...
For impact

So many things remain of what's to be
And I want to be them all.

T

No comments: