Sunday, August 08, 2010

Long days

So, vacationing is a lot more work than I ever expect it to be. It's exhausting and taxing on an emotional sanity level. It's like there's always someone to see or something to do or some form of entertainment that you have to participate in so as to maximize the time. Every moment is filled with people and the off-switch only comes during sleep time, which is typically never long enough. I know I'm the only one to blame, but I am absolutely spent right now. Not even physically... just personally.

I realize that I shouldn't complain, but after 10 days in Vic, 2 in Vancouver, 3 in Kelowna, a week in Lethy followed by another family-filled week in Montana, I'm ready for a nap. A long nap. And maybe my own apartment again. I got pretty used to being social only 2 days a week. Now that I'm on a 4 week stretch of socializing and family time, I'm ready to melt away into nothing. I think I might be a hermit tonight. I have to find a way to save my sanity.

That being said, I've started the countdown to China. I have less than 2 weeks to go before my flight and I still have a bunch of stuff to do. I might just call it quits on a few of the more minor projects, but time will tell. More to come in coming days. For now, food and caffeine call.

T

No comments: