Saturday, September 29, 2007

Seasons

The leaves are starting to slowly change... burnt yellow, copper, maroon... wilting away from their various shades of green. The clouds roll in more frequently now, as the season attempts to send telepathic messages of change and transition. I've started to smell it in the air, along with the rain and the crisp cold of a blossoming Autumn. The air even tastes different, as if it made up it's mind to leave the sunny days of June behind. It came up quickly this year... August was moderately miserable, so by the time September tried to bring some sunshine for a few last days at the beach, Fall had come up and taken them away.

Of course work has been on my mind, but so has squash soup, and red wine, and quiet nights at coffee shops, and snowy walks in Waterton. Fall and winter are my times of solace, where I often retreat a bit within myself and reflect. I still remember countless nights I spent in Victoria doing exactly that... book and pend and paper in hand, taking in the sight of snow/rain slowly falling outside while I tried to enjoy time to myself, or with close friends talking about, well, anything that came to mind. Quiet nights.

I've been doing my best to keep busy with work, which has been extremely fruitful thus far. I try to keep myself in check and not get too excited, but I've been extremely lucky so far, so I'm just trying to enjoy the experience while I can. There are still some potential options for contracts that I'm hoping will come up, but for now, I'm just trying to content myself with being busy as a TOC.

I have also been enjoying this years attempt at getting into shape... I'm still going to the gym regularly, trying to hit the treadmill as often as possible. I may even run in the annual Thanksgiving 10k that takes place here in town every year. It's a pretty big deal, so I'm not sure that I'm ready for it, but I'm going to try to talk myself into it regardless. Other more ambitious runners will be taking on the 1/2 and full marathons... for me, though, I'm not going to challenge fate and overdo it. An hour of straight running should be plenty for me. I'll try to update more soon.

Well, for those who are still reading, thanks for stopping by... I hope you're all doing well and keeping out of trouble. Until again...

T

No comments: