Saturday, January 05, 2008

Holiday hiatus...

I'm back now. However, I took a few weeks off due to the craziness that has ensued over the previous weeks. Unfortunately, I won't full return until sometime this next week, but I'll give a bit of information related to the craziness...

I finally got a job! I accepted a contract at a local high school (about 8 blocks from my house) for a full-time position for the next semester. I'm really excited, and since it's all English, I couldn't have received a better schedule (unless they paid me for a prep, which they don't). This means that I'm going to be super-busy for the next six months coaching and playing volleyball and tackling my first full-time teaching position ever. I was also being pursued for another job at another high school I really like, but I'm not one to be picky (not yet, anyway) and took the first offer I received.

I was also gone to the motherland (also known as the windy, bald prairies of southern Alberta) for a week and was out on the coast for a few more days... we've had company for the past 5 days as well, so I haven't accomplished much of anything work-related (i.e. getting ready for the semester), and haven't even had a chance to catch up on my sleep. So, those are priorities, even though we're all going out for a big night of booze and bowling.

Thus, for now I must make an exit... more details to follow soon. Happy New Year to the three people who stop by from time to time :)

T

No comments: