Thursday, May 27, 2010

A part

I hear words and melody and I think to myself
I want to be a part of the song I hear playing
While I'm looking at all you've created
In this world-non-world
Of perfect images

I see flashes captured and the instances boxed
And I want to be the eyes that stare out
From behind the framed glass
On your wall
Only so as to connect with all those
Passing glances from other's eyes
That seek meaning
In still moments

Maybe you'll find that I'm the sign
That you pass by on the roads ahead
When you're looking for somewhere to turn
Toward a place you can curl up in
And find the calm you seek

Could it be that you may
Let my breath be the breath that causes your skin
To shiver in the summer night's heat
As sweat beads on your neck
And slowly disappears into the linen
On which you breathe and sleep and dream

One day, it may be possible
You'll find my words
Are your words
And your love
Is our love

Maybe one day we'll speak
I'll meet you
Maybe one day

TM

No comments: