Monday, May 17, 2010

Sharing some songs stuck in my head

For the first time since living in China, the rain is pattering at my window and has been all day. The smell of the water sneaks in my door, seeps through the walls and makes me think about all those quiet, soggy, book-filled days of walking through the coastal streets that I'm excited to get back to... makes me recall all the words I've abandoned through the years, like the rain is a graveyard for discarded thoughts and resentment. Something about the rain takes it all away... maybe the old metaphors and cliches of life made new and the world being refreshed. Whatever the case, I love the comfort I'm in, turning away offers of umbrellas so I can feel the drops on my pate and my brow in the short distance to my apartment. My hometown can keep the snow, but let me have the rain.

I got my mitts on a whole pile of Dave Matthews songs lately, and a few have been inside my mind for days. Others are new tastes that I unexpectedly stumbled upon or songs that I don't think I'll ever get out of my head because of their power/beauty. Click on the titles and enjoy...

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds - Eh Hee

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds - Down by the River 

Rusted Root - Send me on My Way

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Nothing but the Water Part 1
T

No comments: