Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dear diary, I met the nicest girl...

Okay, maybe this isn't so much a private diary with stars on the cover where I muse on the juvenile influences of eighth grade. But no doubt, there will probably be things that do not surpass the juvenile tendancies that punctuate my life. I guess I'm just not sure how to approach this blog thing, since this is a bit of a virgin experience for me. I thought, "Everyone else has a blog, so why don't I?" Some people think I have leadership qualities, but I kinda just follow the trends. Baaaaa...

Enough of that... a little about whats going on in my life.... in short, not much. I finished the last 3 final exams of my undergrad last week and it felt oh-so-wonderful. It took me a total of 6 years to get it done, with a "sabbatical" of a year and a half after my first year at the wonderfully depressing concrete world of the University of Lethbridge. The time off was great since it enabled a 4 month backpacking trip through the great continent of Europe and a pilgramage to my grandparent's homeland. Other highlights included being in Belfast/Dublin throughout Easter weekend, seeing a ghost, hiking in the Swiss Alps in the middle of April and skinnydipping in Santorini. But enough of that for now. I'm just really glad to be done my degree here at UVic. I can't say that I went out with a bang and straight A's, but I didn't really throw the semester away either. Either way, it's finished and I get to move on to the new and exciting world of being a student teacher come september, which is also pretty fantastic. It will involve a good deal of hoop jumping, but I've realized that there are worse things in the world.

Likewise, it will be a great opportunity for my beautiful wife and I to start a new adventure. When she joined me out here, I had already established a life of my own with a friend base and support network that she had to adapt to. Now that we're heading back to the mainland in a few months, we'll be able to start fresh and get our bearings together. I'm pretty excited. So is she. The Okanagan will never be the same! Okay, maybe it will. There will just be more people. 2 more to be precise.

Well, I don't think I have too much more to add for the next five minutes, but I'm sure I'll think of something very clever or excuciatingly boring to post a little later. I'm somewhat suspicious that this whole blog thing is a little narcissistic, since I'm pretty much just hoping that people will come on here and read what I have to say (as if the things I say are interesting or important). Oh well, I am, admittedly, a bit of a narcissist. Therefore, I hope those that stop by and get a glimpse of my world (and the ramdom workings of my brain) enjoy what they read, and feel free to leave comments to celebrate my wit, tell me I'm a dumbass, or just strike up a conversation about whatever may float their boat. I love talking and debating about a variety of things... if nothing else, I have an opinion on almost anything! Until again, mes amis... ciao.

- T

1 comment:

Leah said...

You have to be a narcissist, or else it's not interesting. That's what a blog is for, to let the world into the parts of your head that you want them to see. But not the other parts. I look forward to further forays into the world of T.