Wednesday, April 19, 2006

'Tis a strange world

So, I got a call on Monday from my old boss from College Pro (I did 3 months of painting for them last year). After chatting for a bit, he asked if I'd be interested in taking on a position with College Pro as a "QJOB'er", which is more or less a trainer/guru/painter stud. The pay sounded good and I needed work for a month until I started summer school, so I said it sounded great.

Today, I receive a call from Mike something-or-other who asked me again if I was interested. After telling him that I was, he asked if I would be willing to move to Calgary for a month. CALGARY! Now the dilemma... I have a job here on weekends that I kinda need throughout the summer until I move, but to accept this job I'd have to either get a month off or quit altogether and hope to find a 2-day a week job when I get back. Not to mention that Kerrie (my wife) probably wouldn't love the idea... she wants nothing more than to be closer to Calgary where her parents are, and now here I am with an off to go to that very place. Is this the definition of "quandary"?

Now, the benefits would include a bonus (I don't know how much), and I think Mike whos-his-face said that they would fly me out there. Also, I would probably be able to stay with friends or relatives for free, so as long as they gave me a vehicle to traverse the city, I'd be in fine shape. Also, it may give Kerrie an opportunity to head to Cowtown to visit the family, which she'd love. On the flip side, I'd need to convince the bosses here to give me a whole month off (plus a weekend in June), Kerrie would have to be okay with staying on the Rock for a month by herself, and I would have to make a good deal of cash to justify my heading out the great bald prairie.

No clue what I'm going to do.

Quandary: a state of perplexity concerning what to do in a difficult situtation; a practical dilemma.

No comments: