Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm not generally one for awards shows, but...

The Grammy Awards last night were absolutely spectacular. I don't think I've been entertained by such good quality live music on TV, well, ever. Kanye's performance of "Stronger" with the tribute to his mother was extremely touching, Alicia Keys is not only one of the most beautiful people on the planet but also one of the most talented (both with her "duet" with Frank Sinatra and her performance of "No One" with John Mayer), and seeing Aretha Franklin bring it home was great. Not to mention Feist put on a great performance, as did Foo Fighters. I'm a huge Amy Winehouse fan, so I was really excited to see her win, and the fact that Herbie Hancock won Album of the year just redeems my faith in the modern music industry... at least a little... maybe it's not all shot to hell.

If you haven't seen the performances, track them down online somewhere... it's well worth the show.

T

No comments: