Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacations are always tiring

It wasn't so much a vacation, but the trip back home to the prairies had a much more positive connotation this time... the marriage of my little sister.

K and I made it to Calgary on Tuesday evening and stayed with the in-laws Tuesday night. I'd wanted to go to the Zoo for a long time now, so we spent Wednesday touring the Calgary Zoo, hoping to catch a glimpse of this year's babies. Although the baby gorilla was in some sort of hiding from the crowds of zoo-goers, we did get to see the adorable baby elephant and a tonne of other cool animals. I was exhausted by the time we'd walked around the whole park, but it was well worth it.

After making it down to Bridge City that night, we spent the rest of the week eating, drinking, carousing and celebrating the fact that we were all together as a family on better terms. It was a week of celebrations that involved a lot of food, a LOT of beer and wine, and, last night, a HUGE amount of dancing. If you see K anytime in the next little while, she'll let you know. The speeches were touching, the groom sang a wonderful version of "I Wanna Grow Old With You", and we just had a great time seeing my little sister start a whole new family line. Congrats to the both of you crazy kids!

Alas, I had to return to reality on the Island in order to get to work tomorrow, so here I am, ready to turn into a pumpkin and head to bed. The joy and bliss of painting calls my name for another day, so off I run. Until again...

T


No comments: