Friday, December 15, 2006

Homeward Bound in 8 days and my teaching philosophy

It's true, I'm still counting down the days. Obviously, this means I might be a bit excited about getting back to the 4-0-3 to visit the families over the holidays. Unfortunately (as always), K and I are only able to go back for about four days due to K needing to work and pay the bills, but it's still going to be nice to be able to see everyone. It actually works out really well considering the limited amount of time we get to visit, since I'll be able to see pretty much all the relatives in one fell swoop back in Lethy, and we'll be able to do the same in Airdrie immediately thereafter.

Part of the excitement is related to the fact that I get some time off from school, which is going to be thoroughly enjoyable. I love being here, but it's a job that you take with you wherever you go, so there's really not much for actual "days off". This is particularly true since we have education classes on top of our teaching. Still, I'm not complaining... other than the mediocre pay, I think I may have stumbled into the perfect job for me. There's holidays, and I get to stand up in front of groups of people and talk as much as I want. Really, for anyone who knows me at all, this is something positive. I may or may not be a bit notorious for being long-winded (and completely full of it).

I've also stumbled across some early ideas about what my teaching philosophy is going to look like, so if you're even the slightest bit interested, you can go here and read about my thoughts about this whole teaching thing. Ciao, all...

- T

P.S. Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: