Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sharing...

I recently said that I was planning to use this venue in a bit more of a self-exploratory manner. So, since I penned this quickly just a few minutes ago (as my mind was reeling, as is generally the case when I take pen to paper), I thought I'd put it up here. I know it falls on a terribly uninspired rhyme scheme, but it's easy to put words into a predetermined form. And since I'm not pursuing any intellectual pursuits here, it just doesn't bloody well matter. There's no title.


Today was just another day of ongoing radio silence.
But I guess that it's a welcome break from the constant verbal violence.
I'm down on my knees daily hoping that again you can see me
For the man you used to love, and with whom you'd always be.

Now days gone by are stretching out
Into weeks and months that are filled with doubt.
You still won't tell me if you see me
In your waking hopes or your hope-filled dreams.
Darling why won't you let me in... it's colder than it seems.

Often I get to wondering if there's a pattern to this scene,
And if I'm just the latest victim in your dramatic uncertainty.
I wonder when the dykes had broke, and when you began to drown
And when you decided that pushing away was the only way around.

Now days gone by are stretching far
Into months and wishes made on a star.
I wish you'd tell me if you could see me
In your heart, in your soul, in your loving plea.
Baby, please won't you let me in... I'll be all you need me to be.

-TM

No comments: