Saturday, April 28, 2007

Meme/Survey from Cibi (from, uhh.... a long time ago)

This is from months ago, but I thought I'd post it anyway...

Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
Ummm... probably The Princess Bride. Speed probably gets on that list too (I was obsessed with it when it first came out... I was young). Dead Poets Society makes the grade as well.

Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
I'm pretty sure I saw Independence Day in the theatres two or three times. Otherwise, it's pretty rare.

Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Kevin Spacey would be my number one. John Cusack and John Malkovitch... and maybe the chubby kid from Superbad. Mark Wahlberg would probably make the list as well. And ever since I've seen The Departed, I'd probably go see a new Alex Baldwin flick because he was absolutely hilarious in it. Then there's some others for different reasons... Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, and maybe a few others. :)

Name an actor who would make you less inclined to see a movie.
These days it would be Ben Stiller... I used to love his movies, but he's hard to watch now. Steven Segal and Jean-Claude Van Damme (too many ridiculous movies that I watched as a kid... I'll watch them if they're old and blatantly cheesey).

Name a movie that you can quote from.
Pardon the language, but one would be, "Fuck you, batteries!" from the movie Once. I can recite huge amounts of Russell Peters' stand-up comedy... a number of Shakespeare movies (due to teaching them)... "Who is Kaiser Soze?" from The Usual Suspects... "My name is Inigo Mantoya... you killed my father... prepare to die" + "'Inconceivable!' 'I do not think that word means what you think it means'" from The Princess Bride. I'm sure there's more.

Name a movie musical from which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Ummm... this is a sad admittance, but I know a tonne from "Hairspray". When your wife subjects you to tens of hours of the soundtrack on trips to and from Alberta, it's unavoidable.

Name a movie to which you have been known to sing along.
Pretty much any Disney movie.

Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Crash, The Usual Suspects, Little Miss Sunshine, The Departed, Superbad, Seven, Dead Poets Society, Once.

Name a movie you own.
I just bought Hoodwinked and Crash.

Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
I'll go with cibi... Will Smith. And Mark Wahlberg.

Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
A bunch on road trips to Montana when I was a kid... some kids movies... maybe Land Before Time?

Ever made out in a movie?
Only once in public... it was awkward.

Name a movie you keep meaning to see but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Rent.

The reason I haven't gotten around to it yet is that I can never remember the titles.Ever walked out of a movie?
Yuppers. But only twice.

Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
I pretty much broke down in Crash when the Latino locksmith was about to get shot and his daughter came running out.

What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Umm... don't recall... something sappy, I'm sure.

What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Drama, action or comedy.

What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Land Before Time 1

What movie do you wish you’d never seen?
I've seen a few bad ones... Cruel Intentions II was probably THE worst.

What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Being John Malkovitch. It's messed up.

What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
I also don't watch Scary Movies, but I also enjoyed The Blair Witch Project (judge if you must).

What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Old School is still a favourite, and I like a lot of new cartoons (Shrek, The Incredibles, etc.)

No comments: