Saturday, April 28, 2007

Survival

Well, I'm not the demi-God of teaching. I'm not the future saviour of the profession either. But, the final report was good, and I think I've officially survived and weathered the storm of the Internship. Sure, I have P/T conferences next week (on the same day as my district interview), I still have to receive my final report from 2/3 sponsor teachers, and I have a stack of marking that may reach the ceiling, but officially, I'm done. DONE! Weeeeeeeeeee. I know there's a long way to go, but as of May 4th, I'm an official employee (temporarily) of the district and will be put on the TOC list for the remainder of the year for my remaining days off. It's kindof lovely.

But I can't dwell on that today... my volleyball team is playing in provincials today, so I hope all the work I've done with these 15 year olds has paid off and we light up the gym. Wish me luck! I'm hoping for top 10, but that'll be another update for another day.

- T

Post-script: I need to make sure that I don't take all the credit for my pictures that I posted the other day... I took some of them, but many (most) were actually taken by my lovely wife, K. I forgot to mention that... sorry hun!

No comments: