Monday, April 16, 2007

A mini-getaway and three weeks remaining


Before Christmas time, I mentioned to K that my most memorable presents/gifts were things like trips or vacations or the things we did around the special occasions that usually involved gift giving. She was always getting disappointed about my reaction to the things she got for me as presents... although I was always excited, I'm pretty hard to get really riled up regarding gifts. So, she took an alternative approach and paid for a night up at Sun Peaks Resort, which we were finally able to take this past weekend.
It's off-season for this ski destination, which is just fine with me. I'm definitely more into the quiet vacations where I don't have to fight crowds and there's no rush to get anything accomplished, and this night away fulfilled exactly that. Not only was it beautiful and refreshing, but it was quiet... we were one of three rooms that were booked between the two buildings at the Pinnacle Lodge, and nearly the whole town is shut down until May Long Weekend when things begin to open again for the summer tourist season. We were able to enjoy the scenery, the quiet, and the outdoor hot tub (which was completely deserted). Needless to say, it was about as enjoyable as a one-night vacation gets. We also got a first hand look some type of fox and it's cubs, which were playing near the roadside and popping in and out of their den. If you can identify the type of fox, let me know because I have no clue what kind it is. The pictures of the pups are blurry... my apologies..



I can't wait to go on another trip... we're hoping a camping trip with some good friends is upcoming at the end of June, so my fingers are crossed. With gifts like this last trip, I think I snagged a pretty good lady.

On a completely unrelated note, I only have three weeks of practicum time left until certification... craziness!

- T

3 comments:

Jodie and David said...

Your pictures are lovely!! Hang in there at uni - three weeks is not so bad. I'm at about the three-week mark at work, so we can both feel joy at about the same time.

Leah said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm happy to see the pictures - looks very nice. 11 teaching days left, my friend. 11!

Dimsumthing said...

The taste of the end is dripping from my tongue... mmmm. I'm really excited, and excited for the both of you! J, I'd like to come with you... I'll call soon to let you know more about Slovenia and Greece. L, good luck with your last few days! You're going to be wonderful!

-T