Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Almost done this NaBloPoMo thing...

Apparently I was tagged for a meme by some random guy, but for now, I'm going to delay posting.

I'm sitting in front of my computer in the dark. Typically, I have the warm glow of a lamp on, or maybe the less-warm glow of the room's very typical apartment light fixture. But the night sky is a wonderful, warm orange. Snow is falling quietly and gently, and the heavy, dense clouds are reflecting the city lights back down on the earth. It's peaceful, and few people are out. It's quite soothing. The Christmas countdown is still looming... the various TV stations have begun to show the standard Christmas shows, and everywhere you look there's a Starbucks cup with the tell-tale snowflakes on a background of red cardboard.

Today was quite productive... although I only worked a half-day, I attempted to sort out the busting volumes of notes and worksheets that I piled into my office closet at the close of my practicum in June. Since the job prospects look more and more promising, I feel the need to organize my life in case I do, in fact, land a job. Hopefully this ambition will prevent any panic come February. After organizing my teaching life, working for a half-day and playing a few hours of rec-league volleyball, I was able to enjoy a few beers in front of the TV before sitting in front of my trusty Dell to pen these last reflective notes of the evening. I have a full day booked for tomorrow, which will be one of those perfect days... marking and watching volleyball in the morning, and supervising/watching a movie in the afternoon. It is for this reason (and of course, many others), that I truly enjoy subbing. Particularly for friends.

But for now, I must turn in... the calm, soothing sky is turning me into a pumpkin, so to bed I must retreat. More meme-related response tomorrow.

T

No comments: