Thursday, November 22, 2007

So, I jinxed it.

The lack of sleep finally caught up with me. Although I had a restful night, the debt stemming from the previous 6 nights finally took hold and deflated my sails. By the end of the day, I was ready for a big beer and a night in front of the TV. Reflecting on the day as I was writing my standard "TOC Notes for the Day" that I email to all the teachers I go in for, it didn't seem that bad.

But man, these middle schoolers can make me just plain exhausted.

I don't think I'm cut out for the 8th graders. Not long term (or without a serious increase in my coffee intake), anyway. Tomorrow's a new day, and for now, the pillow calls...

T

P.S. The scary omen staring me in the face is the fact that I'm at another middle school tomorrow (Fridays are generally the toughest), and it's going to be day #13 in a row. I expect Poe's raven will come tap-tap-tapping on my chamber door.

No comments: