Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Not to jinx things...

... but today was just a good day.

Even though I slept worse than I've slept in quite some time (it got bloody cold last night, which causes problems when you leave your bedroom window open a crack), I still had quite an enjoyable day.

I was dreading walking into a middle school today. The dread was even more severe on this particular day since I knew that the teacher I was in for had been sick all week, and had another sub the past two days. "Stranger Danger" was going to be extremely high on the kids' radar, so I was slightly worried.

However, at the end of it all, there was nothing to be worried about. After setting a pretty severe tone at the beginning of class number one and ultimately winning over a tough crowd with a few jokes and a tale from Norse Mythology, the rest of the day went quite well. Kids were behaved (even at the end of the day), the classes moved quite quickly, and before I knew it I had handed in my keys, chatted with a few of the school's teachers, and was stepping into the brisk chill of a gorgeous November day for my walk home. After cooking up some fried chicken and heading to two hours of volleyball (I play every Wednesday... recently I've been playing in both the high competitive and low competitive divisions), I came home to my beautiful wife, a delicious piece of carrot cake, and one of the best episodes of Criminal Minds I've ever seen (gotta love November sweeps).

Tomorrow's another day at a middle school. I can only hope that the kids are as good tomorrow as they were today. If that's the case, it'll be a good Thursday.

Until then, a funny quote from everyone's favourite Bard...

"When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married."
- Benedick, Much Ado About Nothing

T

No comments: