Saturday, November 10, 2007

Embracing the geek and snapshot memories of a trip across the pond...

While I was on my backpacking trip, my traveling sidekick and I attended a performance of The Reduced Shakespeare Company's The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged). We were able to see them in this performance in a fairly traditional theatre off Picadilly Circus. Tickets were reasonably priced, and since we were only beginning our trip, we were a little more free and easy with our spending compared to the later stages of the adventure.

Since taking up teaching, I've done everything in my power to spread around my love for these guys... they are astoundingly funny and do a great job not only creating parodies of Shakespeare's creations, but really getting to the heart of why people still read the plays today. If you'd like to see some clips, YouTube abounds with them. So, in the spirit of sharing the experience, please go....

HERE.

Enjoy.

T

No comments: