Sunday, November 18, 2007

Random pictures from the camera (from the last month or two)

Periodically I change the quote the lies underneath my blog title, so in addition to the Shakespeare quote above, I'll add another favorite from The Bard:


"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
- Macbeth


I always try to get the kids to understand how wonderful this line is. Yet, they often merely groan in response. It's okay though... I'm happy celebrating my love for it, audience or not.

Just over a month ago, my best friend from high school came out this way for a brief visit with his lady, and along with K, the four of us spent one night here in town and then headed south for a night of October camping on Skaha Lake. Here I am cooking up a mean batch of steaks on my mini-barbeque...

Here's another of S and I at the campsite...Then, a cute one of me and K before going out for something... I can't exactly recall what...




Finally, I rearranged my bookshelves today, and thought, Hey! Why not take a really boring picture! So, here's my shelf dedicated to Timothy Findley, Barbara Kingsolver, Douglas Coupland, and a few selected others...

I won't promise anything more interesting tomorrow... the muse is fleeting these two days...

T

No comments: