Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Just one of them days...

I think today was one of the longest days of my life. Lets just say I walked into the rowdiest class of my life today... 31 one kids... grade 8... ALL GIRLS. And they were the most unmanageable groups of kids I've had to deal with thus far. Their teacher must have the patience of Job, because she must be a better person than I. I know for a fact I couldn't handle that every day. I'd probably be in a looney bin. It's bad enough that I have a few grey hairs and a receding hairline at my age... I feel like I'm 40 now.

I decided that for days like this, teachers should pray to St. Jude because the classes simply feel like a lost causes.

Luckily, I was able to get some aggression out by attending not only one session of volleyball tonight, but two! So after smashing volleyballs as hard as possible at my other opponents for two hours (and know that I'm still alive and I still made a couple hundred bucks for the effort) and knowing that there's still some red wine waiting for me on the table, that not all is lost.

Maybe Saint Jude will have to wait another day.

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace"...
And help me to hold back from strangling any teenagers during my call-in job tomorrow.

T

No comments: